Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Looking Back, Moving Forward

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my final chemo infusion. I thought I might have a difficult day, remembering what my life was like a year ago. But much to my delight, I had a wonderful day! Yes, I remembered what I was going through last January 19th, but I noted it, and went on with my day. And I was -- I am -- grateful for everything in my life, past and present. And I am looking forward to my future!

I've had an amazing week. Last Tuesday I had a commercial audition. Everyone was asked to come with their hair done in a faux hawk. Imagine a room full of women my age with their hair spiked straight up in the air! It was such fun!

On Wednesday, I attended two sessions at The Actor's Network. The first was with Arvin Brown and the second was with Jonathan Prince. What amazing and talented men! I learned so much!

Thursday was my seminar on Self-Management for Actors. Again, I was blown away by this group of people, lead by Bonnie Gillespie.

On Saturday I had a call-back and then got to attend a screening of The King's Speech. The writer (David Seidler), director (Tom Hooper), and two of the actors (Guy Pearce and Claire Bloom) were there for a q and a after the screening!

Monday I had two auditions and booked one of them! It's a comedy short called "Momma's Boy." We're set to shoot later this month, so I'll write more about that soon.

Today I had another audition, my fifth audition of 2011. I'd say this month is going exceedingly well!

No comments:

Post a Comment