Monday, January 10, 2011

The Month So Far . . .

I was determined to "hit the ground running" in 2011 in terms of my acting career. So far this month I've submitted myself on a number of projects, auditioned, gotten new headshots, filmed a web series episode, begun taking a seminar, and joined The Actors' Network. Oh, and I started this blog!

I had my first audition through Actor's Access last week. I actually had another audition, but had to decline because of a conflict. Hate when that happens, but I did email the direction who'd contacted me and offered my apologies and good wishes for the project.

New headshots were a must, since my hair has grown out quite a bit since my last ones. I know I should be happy just to have hair again after chemo, but I find myself getting very impatient about having it get longer! I'm still startled sometimes when I look in the mirror. Who is that woman with the short hair???? However, I do LOVE my new headshots!



Last Saturday I filmed an episode for a new web series call "Zach Saves the World." It came from a direct booking, which I love! I was in a play with one of writers/actors on the project (Jack Fitzmorris) a few months ago, and he emailed me asking if I'd do the part. Yay!

At the end of last year, I was lucky enough to be accepted into Bonnie Gillespie's seminar, Class Rules! (and yes, the exclamation point is part of the title of the class). The class is based on her book, Self-Management for Actors. You can read more about the seminar here. There was so much incredible information and such amazing energy in the group, that I decided to take the seminar again this month. I can't believe how much I've learned!

Today I attended an orientation for The Actors' Network and joined. I'm really looking forward to all they have to offer there!

And while I was in the orientation meeting for The Actors' Network, I got an email from my commercial agent telling me I have an audition for tomorrow. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment